Marriage Wellness Programs
Help Keep marriages healthy and well
In our experience, it is extremely helpful to continue to work on our marriage, specifically around things that will improve intimacy and communication, or help with conflict resolution, or that help us better understand each other. Marriage Wellness Workshops for church members (and staff) help couples maintain marriage health by equipping them to handle more routine challenges as they come up.
There are a variety of topics that could be covered as part of a Marriage Wellness Workshop. We consider them marriage "tune-ups." Just like a car needs a regular tune-up, doing the same for our marriages helps to avoid bigger issues. Marriage Wellness Workshops may take the form of a single session, single topic workshop or a series of workshops focused on a specific topical area.
We offer churches two options for providing marriage wellness workshops. First, we can facilitate a program using an existing curriculum that is available on DVD (or streaming, such as through Right Now Media). Examples include:
- The Art of Marriage (FamilyLife)
- Marriage Oneness (FamilyLife)
- Love & War (John and Stasi Eldredge)
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts (Les and Leslie Parrott)
- Your Time-Starved Marriage (Les and Leslie Parrott)
- Laugh Your Way to A Better Marriage (Mark Gungor)
- For Couples Only (Shaunti & Jeff Feldhahn)
- Emotionally Healthy Relationships (Pete Scazzaro)
- Smart Stepfamilies (Ron Deal)
- Other programs selected by the pastor or church leaders
The second option for us to conduct an interactive program that we developed based on content from the Bible and various marriage experts. Our programs are designed to be experiential so that participants experience the love of Jesus in some way, whether through guided prayer or an activity designed to reveal new insights. Examples of our programs include:
Arm in Arm
During this full-day (or weekend) program for couples, we explore 5 key topics:
- God’s desire and design for marriage, and the importance of Jesus at the center
- Identity in Christ
- Differences between men and women
- How to love, nourish, and cherish each other
- How to battle for each other
Fighting the Good Fight For Your Wife
During this half-day or full-day program for men, we cover six key battle strategies.
- Receive orders from your Commanding Officer (understanding God’s desire and design for marriage)
- Know your opponent (who is the enemy and how does he operate)
- Stand on your identity (replace stolen identity with identity in Christ)
- Put on your armor (the real battle and the armor of God)
- Know your comrade in arms (understanding your wife and what she needs from you)
- Love, nourish, and cherish (the most important ways to fight for her)
Note: We do NOT provide counseling services and are NOT licensed counselors. Counseling may be another important aspect of marriage health. Our services are NOT intended to replace counseling or medical professionals.